Ruby Australia Committee Meeting Minutes
8th of July, 2015 - 7:00pm AEST
Held via GotoMeeting
Committee Members Present
- Sebastian VonConrad - President
- Melissa Kaulfuss - Vice President
- Matt Allen - Treasurer
- Mikel Lindsaar - Secretary
- Leonard Garvey
- Rob Jacoby
- Amanda Neumann
- John Barton
- Welcome / Apologies / Agenda Amendments
- I'd like to add defining the working groups and schedule moving forward - Amanda
- Work out a way to properly bring on new committee members - Amanda
- Both items approved to be added to the agenda by the committee
- Previous minutes, matters arising - Done
- Motion by the secretary that previous minutes are accepted as true and correct?
- Approved - VP + President
- President’s report
- I had a meeting with Amanda and Mel and there is a proposal to do a welcome email to new members
- I like the idea of us as a committee making progress in some way every week
- Treasurer’s report
- Paid for all the bills from Rails Camp - all reimbursements are in
- Paid for a whole bunch of conference stuff for Ruby Conf Brisbane
- Mikel and I came up with an initial layout for Ruby Australia Annual sponsorship, Sapphire to zendesk $5k sold. Difference is we have unlimited sponsors
- Mikel and I will finish putting the sponsorship prospectus together.
- Rob Jacoby - how should we run putting sponsors on the website? Matt - we'll handle that asap.
- Len Garvey - Any concern with visibility of pricing? Matt - don't think so.
- Rob Jacoby - WRT payments, have you been given schedule for regular payments? Matt - not yet, would be good.
- Define working groups and schedule for actions
- President - Key thing is to define the working groups. - Get a chair person for each one.
- Mikel - We had a basic list of who was to work on each one to each person
- Amanda - Can you outline the 3 groups again?
- President - Gives an outline of the 3 target groups as per the website.
- Amanda - I suggest that once those groups work out the things to do, we publish an approach we share to the group by the next meeting.
- Mel - Richee summarized people who wanted to help on the working group
- Define Chairs on Working Groups.
+ Working Group 1 - Leonard Garvey - Chair, Amanda wants to also work. + Working Group 2 - Melissa Kaulfuss - Chair, Amanda wants to also work. + Working Group 3 - Mikel Lindsaar - Chair
- Event Knowledge Project Update
+ Leonard: Post rails camp catchup at Trinity, Keith Pitt, James Sadlier, assist with knowledge sharing + Sebastian; Ealier this year setup a github repo for this. https://github.com/rubyaustralia/guides, I want to keep it open instead of closed. Tim Lucas agreed to write a t-shirt guide. + Rob: Not sure on what can and can't dump - Len to take up after. 3. *New People into the Community Project Update* + Mel - Did some research into meetup.com to work out how to create a meetup group account for 10 meet up groups for $100 to get all meetup groups for free. + Mikel - Happy to transfer over Sydney meetup group + Mikel - First adelaide installfest happened + Sebastian - Rails Girls sponsorship done ad hoc, need to work out a standard package / template + Rob Jacoby - Is Rails Girls something we can bring under Ruby Australia? Or keep it separate? Sebastian: I don't want to dictate not trample on toes, if they want to, they can. I don't want to take over without them coming to us. 4. *Ruby to the Business Project Update* + Mikel - John and I haven't had a chance to catch up yet, we will this month and bring forward a general plan. 5. *How to help bring on new committee members as an item* + Amanda - Got in touch with Richee who gave us a document about the committee member welcome guide. There are a bunch of things we could share in many ways. + Sebastian - Should get constitution online. Mikel: please give me access and I'll get it public.
- General Business
- Len - Rails camp, can we get a Rails Camp channel in out slack?
- Rob - Launched the website which is great. Tickets go on Aug 1 and CFP on Aug 1 as well. Still in the process of deciding who the invited speakers will be.
- Next Meeting
- Wednesday the 19th 7pm is the next meeting
- Mikel to send out invites
- Targets for following month
- Minutes to be written up and published
- Mel to be gotten on website
- Mikel & Matt to finish putting the sponsorship prospectus together
- Mikel & John to bring plan forward regarding new businesses into rails
- Sebastian to get constitution access to Mikel to be published online
- Len to start working on event knowledge gathering, enter data into https://github.com/rubyaustralia/guides
- Rob to start a CFP and launch ticket sales for Ruby Australia on August 1
- End of Meeting